Junius H. Payne, Jr. organized the firm in 1945, and was joined by E.V. Moore in 1954 under the name Payne & Moore. In 1956, C.J. Herrington became a partner, changing the firm name to Payne, Moore & Herrington. Subsequently, six individuals were admitted to the partnership where they served many years until retirement. These loyal leaders include L. Paul Hood, Marvin A. Juneau, H. Fred Randow, Robert L. Litton, Ernest F. Sasser, and Robert W. Dvorak. Payne, Moore & Herrington, LLP presently has seven partners.